Cohen had his incision closed this morning. They started at 7:30am and they finished around 10:15. He looks really good but he is under a lot of anesthesia which will start wearing off in 2 or so hours. I came down to see him and sign papers before the procedure. It was 6:30am and he was wide awake looking around. They only ended up putting in 1 RA line for his TPN and they put an IV in his foot for his meds. They will start him on Heparin this afternoon. They inserted a feeding tube through his nose directly to the gut. When he gets off the ventilator a speech therapist will come and work with him on swallowing. He will also have a physical therapist work with him.
Now I just have to wait for the ventilator and the RA line to come out before I can hold him. Hopefully by early next week!
Cohen right after closure. Heavily sedated but he kept his blood pressure good throughout.
6 comments:
So glad to read your updates! I'm so glad he is doing well and keeps progressing. We are all thinking of you and I'm amazed at how well you can remember everything they tell you and then write it in this blog, wow! Go baby Cohen! Hey, I have lots of 0-3 month cute baby boy clothes for him :)
Amber, Thanks for keeping us updated through your blog. What a strong little guy he is. We will continue to pray for him and you and Adam.
Thanks again for the update and pictures! Glad they were able to close the incision. My goodness that looks so painful for the little guy! Hope he is doing OK coming out of the anesthesia! Hang in there I know this is rough on you! We will keep praying! Hugs!
Oh my heart goes out to you and your family. You are in our prayers.
Thanks for these updates, Amber. We are so excited that Cohen is here and at a place where he can get such good care. We are praying for him and you and your family and his doctors. He is so beautiful! I can tell he is a special little guy, and he is so blessed to be able to be part of your family!
We love you!
Elaine
Amber I have been thinking of you and baby Cohen ( cutest name EVER) since I heard the news at church. Please know that he is in my prayers. If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask. It looks like your brave lil guy is a tough fighter. Thanks for keeping everyone updated through your cute blog. Big hugs to you momma.
Again, let me know if I can help. Loves to your family!
Jamee colquitt
Post a Comment