Saturday, July 24, 2010

Yard work, yard work, and more yard work

The garden is finally in bloom.

Some of the tomato plants are almost as tall as I am. Doesn't say much I know because I am short but these plants have grown huge. We or better said I have enjoyed some sun orange cherry tomatoes. My tomotillo plants are huge also and I am getting lots of tomotillos. I've even enjoyed some apricots from off the tree.
This is right before pulling out the peas.
The green beans and zucchini are in full swing.
Next year maybe I will more carefully follow the spacing suggestions. I forget how big things grow.
I had a bunch of pepper plants that were not getting the sun they needed because the tomato plants grew so far over them. I transplanted a few but they are not looking great.
Adam worked hard on getting sprinklers in the front yard. It was a harder job than expected digging through rock- I mean clay. After Adam spent all Friday evening and a good part of Saturday digging the trench, some nice neighbors offered to help him put it together. Luckily it is done and hopefully the trees we planted will start to survive. They have suffered a bit of heat exhaustion.
Thanks Adam for all you HARD work on one of the hottest days this summer!

No comments: